Escape Winter, Gold Coast Hinterland, Queensland, Australia
- Friday 24- Sunday 26 June 2016
- Two days, two nights, two rides
- All inclusive except flights
- Difficulty rating: Easy – Medium – Hard
We’re excited to announce two back-to-back trips on the Gold Coast hinterland, home to some of Australia’s finest and least known rides.
This trip, Escape Winter, is the easier of the two, rated Medium difficulty.
If you’re looking for a more challenging trip, Escape Winter HC 30 June – 3 July is for you.
Each of the two rides will be around four to five hours at a steady tempo. Expect around 100km each day with around 1000-1500 metres of climbing. The routes will take in some of the roads that will be used in the Peaks Challenge Gold Coast.
Cycling on the Gold Coast is spectacular. The hinterland was formed by the Tweed Volcano around 20 million years ago, leaving a scenic rim encircling Mt Warning.
Roads climb and traverse mountains from the coast to more than 1000m, from cane fields through sub-tropical rainforest, across freshwater streams and into majestic national park.
The weather in June is perfect for riding. It is the driest month of the year and daily temperatures are generally in the low 20’s.
The trip is based at a private property with coastal views on the fringe of Springbrook National Park, 25 minutes from Gold Coast airport. We’ll pick you up and drop you off. You’ll arrive Friday evening, ride Saturday and Sunday and return Sunday afternoon.
Both rides will be fully supported by two experienced guides, follow car, mechanic, a spares fleet and photographer. We’ll build and pack your bike for travel and it will be washed and serviced each day. You’ll experience pro-style treatment. You won’t have to lift a finger, just turn a pedal. Our seasonal menu will highlight South-East Queensland’s finest produce.
- Two nights luxury accommodation
- Two continental breakfasts, two lunches, two dinners and snacks
- Two supported rides
- Beer and wine
- On bike nutrition including drinks, bars and gels from Good Fuel Co.
- Homemade treats, pastries, rice-cakes and Maker Fine Coffee
- Daily bike tune and clean
- Bike maintenance tutorial
- Two full-time soigneurs
- Full-time photographer and curated album
- Full-time mechanic
- Support vehicle
- Spares fleet courtesy of Specialized and Shimano (other brands also supported)
- Remedial massage
- Soigneur Rider Pack including cap, bidons and musette
- Limited edition t-shirt
- Transfers to and from Gold Coast Airport
- Guests travelling by air have access to discounted rates on bike bag rentals from TraVelo
- Concierge support for international guests
Limited to eleven guests
$1200 per person multi-share (three sharing a suite)
$1400 per person twin share
$1700 per person private
Are you in?
Get in touch below.
Have a read of this online feature from last year by Cyclist Magazine, or view the photo story below
Soigneur service course and fleet proudly supplied by Specialized and Shimano
Home | About Us | Upcoming Trips | Corporate Trips | Bespoke Trips | Past Trips | Partners