Gold Coast Hinterland, Queensland, Australia
July 20 to 23 2017
- Thursday 20 July to Sunday 23 July 2017
- Four days, four rides, three nights
- All inclusive except flights
- Difficulty rating: Hard
This year we’re pleased to present an entirely new offering on the Gold Coast hinterland, home to some of Australia’s finest and least known rides.
We’ve come up with a fresh format of four rides across four days (3 nights) at an all-new venue with ensuite bathrooms, a swimming pool and beautiful gardens.
For those who have joined us on an Escape Winter trip in the past, you’ll be pleased to learn that the punishing Panorama Road has been retired and we have some fresh new routes planned. This trip is based at a private mansion in the valley at the foot of the ranges 25 minutes from Gold Coast airport. We’ll pick you up and drop you off.
You’ll arrive on Thursday morning in time for a short airport transfer. Whilst you settle in and have a welcome lunch, your bike will be built by our mechanic in time for a short, late afternoon orientation ride. If you can’t make a Thursday morning arrival, you can arrive on Thursday evening in time for dinner. Friday and Saturday will feature big rides of around 150km with between 1500-2500 metres of climbing. On Sunday we’ll head out for a shorter ride, followed by a farewell lunch before your airport transfer. We’ll ride at a solid but sustainable tempo with a no-drop policy, but ample opportunities to test your legs on climbs.
This trip is rated hard. Soigneur HC trips are designed to be more testing than our regular seasonal trips. They take their name from the French term for climbs that are beyond categorisation, Hors Catégorie. Read more about difficulty ratings here.
Cycling on the Gold Coast is spectacular. The hinterland was formed by the Tweed Volcano around 20 million years ago, leaving a scenic rim encircling Mt Warning.
Roads climb and traverse mountains from the coast to more than 1000m, from cane fields through sub-tropical rainforest, across freshwater streams and into majestic national park.
The weather in July is perfect for riding – a welcome escape from the gloom of winter. It is the driest month of the year and daily temperatures are generally in the low 20’s.
Each day you’ll enjoy a continental breakfast before your ride, a catered picnic or cafe stop mid-ride, followed by freshly prepared lunches and dinners, washed down with local beer and wine, or mineral water. Our seasonal menu will highlight the region’s finest produce and your dietary requirements and preferences will be catered for.
All Soigneur seasonal trips have small group sizes and experienced staff. All rides will be fully supported by two ride guides, follow car, mechanic and spares fleet. A photographer will be on hand to capture your pro-style experience. You won’t have to lift a finger, just turn a pedal.
- Three nights luxury accommodation with ensuite bathrooms
- Three continental breakfasts, four lunches, three dinners and snacks
- Four supported rides
- Beer and wine
- On bike nutrition including drinks, bars and gels from Good Fuel Co.
- Homemade treats, pastries, rice-cakes and Maker Fine Coffee
- Daily bike tune and clean
- Bike maintenance tutorial
- Two full-time soigneurs
- Photographer with all photos included
- Full-time mechanic
- Support vehicle
- Spares fleet courtesy of Specialized and Shimano (other brands also supported)
- Remedial massage
- Soigneur Rider Pack including cap, bidons and musette
- Limited edition Soigneur Hors Catégorie t-shirt
- Transfers to and from Gold Coast Airport
- Guests travelling by air have access to discounted rates on bike bag rentals from TraVelo.
- Concierge support for international guests
- Bike hire available at additional charge
Limited to ten guests
$2300 per person multi-share (three sharing a suite)
$2600 per person in a twin share room
$2900 per person in a private room
Are you in?
Get in touch below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Soigneur service course and fleet proudly supplied by Specialized and Shimano