Cyclist Australia presents Soigneur HC – Southern Highlands, New South Wales Australia
- Thursday May 5th to Sunday May 8th 2016
- Three days, three nights, three rides
- All inclusive except transport to venue
- Difficulty rating: Easy – Medium – Hard
We’re excited to be spreading our wings to new territory with this all-new Hors Catégorie trip in partnership with Cyclist Australia in the New South Wales Southern Highlands.
This three-day, three-night, three-ride trip was inspired by a Big Ride that we did with Cyclist Australia magazine to be featured in their March 2016 issue.
Soigneur HC trips are designed to be more testing than our regular seasonal trips. They take their name from the French term for climbs that are beyond categorisation, Hors Catégorie. This trip’s difficulty is rated Medium-Hard.
We’ll be based at a private retreat near Berry NSW, two hours drive from Sydney. Our mountain-top retreat is set amongst native bush with sweeping views of the coast. You’ll arrive Thursday evening, ride Friday, Saturday and Sunday before returning Sunday after a farewell lunch.
Expect two big days of around six-seven hours each, and one shorter three-four hour ride. Each ride will be at a solid but sustainable tempo with a no-drop policy but ample opportunities to test your legs on climbs.
On this trip we’ll celebrate the variety of this spectacular region including coast-to-highland climbs, descents through lush rainforest, short gravel sections and rolling hills through charming rural townships. We’ve utilised local knowledge to create varied and challenging parcours that’ll leave you ready for a big healthy feed whilst we take care of everything.
Each day you’ll enjoy a continental breakfast before your ride, a catered picnic or cafe stop mid-ride, followed by freshly prepared lunches and dinners, washed down with local beer and wine, or mineral water. Our seasonal menu will highlight the region’s finest produce and your dietary requirements and preferences will be catered for.
All rides will be fully supported by two experienced guides, follow car, mechanic, spares fleet and professional photographer. We’ll build and pack your bike for travel and it will be washed and serviced each day. You’ll experience pro-style treatment including remedial massage. You won’t have to lift a finger, just turn a pedal.
- Three nights luxury accommodation
- Three continental breakfasts, three lunches, three dinners and snacks
- Three supported rides
- Beer and wine
- On bike nutrition including drinks, bars and gels from Good Fuel Co.
- Homemade treats, pastries, rice-cakes and Maker Fine Coffee
- Daily bike tune and clean
- Two full-time soigneurs
- Full-time photographer and curated album
- Full-time mechanic
- Support vehicle
- Spares fleet courtesy of Specialized and Shimano (other brands also supported)
- Remedial massage
- Soigneur x Cyclist Rider Pack including cap, bidons and musette
- Limited edition Soigneur HC t-shirt
- Discounted rates on bike bag rentals from TraVelo
- Transfers from and to Sydney airport can be arranged at an additional cost
- Concierge support for international guests
Limited to eleven guests
$1600 per person group share
$1800 per person twin-share
$2400 per person private room
One off mates-rates offer: Book five group share spots together and receive $100 off each booking
Are you in?
Get in touch below or email email@example.com
Photos by Marcus Enno @beardmcbeardy
Soigneur service course and fleet proudly supplied by Specialized and Shimano